List: Private school, university closures, meal programs in Central Georgia
Here is a list of university and private school closures in central Georgia due to the coronavirus outbreak.
MACON, Georgia – Editor’s Note: The video for this story does not reflect the current closure of schools in Bibb County. The video comes from earlier coverage on March 13.
As school closures take effect during the coronavirus pandemic, we’re here to keep you posted.
Here are more event closures and cancellations.
PUBLIC SCHOOL MEAL PROGRAMS
Governor Brian Kemp ordered all public schools closed until the end of March. For more information, click here.
- Academy for classical education is closed from March 17 to 30
- Brentwood School: Closed until April 10. All events are suspended until then.
- Central Brotherhood Christian Academy: Closed indefinitely from March 17th.
- Warner Robins School of Christ: Houston County schools follow the schedule, so they will be closed indefinitely.
- Cirrus Academy: Closed until April 6.
- First Presbyterian day school: Closed from March 16 to March 20. Distance education begins March 17.
- Fullington Academy: Closed from March 17 to 27.
- Georgia Academy for the Blind is closed to staff and students for two weeks starting March 16
- GMC preparatory school in Milledgeville: Closed from March 17th. Distance learning starts now through March 27.
- John Hancock Academy: Closed from March 17 to 20. Alternative education will be in place. The students will receive the packages on Monday.
- Montessori St. Andrews School: Closed from March 16 to 27.
- Stratford Academy: Closed on March 17 to students; staff will still have to report. Closed for students and staff from March 18 until further notice, and distance education will be in effect.
- Christian Academy of the Trinity: Closed until March 27
- Warner Robins Christian: Houston County schools follow the schedule, so they will be closed indefinitely.
UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES
Georgia’s university system immediately moved 26 institutions to online courses. For more information, Click here.
- Georgia University System (UGA, Fort Valley State, Georgia College, Middle Georgia State University): Students are not permitted to return to campus until permission is granted, and they will receive refund information from accommodation and meals.
- Mercer University: Classes are suspended until March 23, then virtual classes begin. Virtual classes will run until April 3.
- Wesleyan College: Spring break extension for residential and suburban students until March 22.
- Oconee Fall Line Technical College: Closure of all campuses from March 13 to 31. The school says an employee has been exposed to COVID-19.
- Central Georgia Technology: Transition to e-learning until March 27. Spring break is still scheduled from March 30 to April 3.
- Georgia Military College: In-person classes are suspended. Online learning for the 14 GMC University Campuses and Cadet Corps will be held March 16-27.
RELATED: Dublin City Schools to Close Tuesday and Start Distance Learning
RELATED: Mercer University Suspends All Classes Until March 23, Then Virtual Classes Begin
RELATED: Monroe County Schools Announce ‘Alternative Learning Days’ March 16-20
THE FACTS DO NOT FEAR | At 13WMAZ, we focus our media coverage on the facts and not the fear around the coronavirus. To see our full coverage, visit our site section here: www.13wmaz.com/Coronavirus.